Subscribe at Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Anchor.fm, Breaker, PodBean, RadioPublic, Amazon Music, or search in your favorite podcatcher!
How To Support Our Show:
- Leave us a 5-Star Review on Apple Podcasts
- Buy Merch at Our Etsy Store!
- Become a Patron on Patreon
- Donate on Paypal (Donate one time or click “make this a monthly donation” box)
Welcoming Our Newest Patron(s):
- At the $5.99 “Nice Price” Tier – Robert Smith!
- After listening to the podcast for such a long time, I thought it was time for me to put my money where my mouth is. I’ve just enlisted at the Fielding Fowler level as I thought he could use the company !
- I do listen to other podcasts too (none are quite as enjoyable) but one of the other podcasters told me it’s a bit like sending a message in a bottle, which is a good way of putting it. You probably only hear from a fraction of the listeners but I’m sure there are a lot like me who look forward to their Monday DPP episode and your chats about food, drink etc. Oh and the music too.
- Keep up the great work,
- At the $10 “Some One Came” Tier – Saul Evans!
Thanks to Our Executive Level Patrons:
- The £10 Tier
- Dr. Jill Breis
- The Turn it up to $11 Tier
- Clay Wombacher
- Frank Theilgaard-Mortensen
- Alan “Ain’t Too Proud To” Begg
- Mikkel Steen
- $10 “Some One Came” Tier
- Ryan M
- Jeff Breis
- Gerald Kelly – Paypal
- Victor Campos
- Saul Evans – NEW PATRON ALERT!
Deep Dive Podcast Network:
Apple Podcast Reviews:
- Jasur M (Jah-soor) – Russia – 5 Stars!
- Something I look forward to in my week
- As an avid Purple fan and connoisseur of their extended family, this podcast is a treat for looking in depth about things I know about and introducing me to new wild bands and meeting of minds that I never would’ve even thought about. (Thought I could wait as long as it takes for the Hughes Turner Project episode to come around because I have no clue how that band was even conceived to be a good idea) But ramblings aside, the hosts are perfect in encapsulating that feeling of listening to a record you heard about for a while but could never find in your stores or just buying a new record and listening to it for the first time and I love that. On top of that THEY’RE HILARIOUS!!! My highlights are Nate’s story about the dog that had muffins fall on it and the James Gang song about being Norwegian. Keep up the god’s work you two are putting in, it’s so dearly appreciated.
Social Media Update:
- Sent by Marcelo Soares via Twitter:
- The guys from @DeepPurplePod hardly know @GalCosta , but I love her singing since I was a teen and heard this. For me, there was an immediate reference.
- Gal Costa – Meu nome é Gal
- Perhaps inspired by a certain guitar/vocal duo around the 1:40 mark.
- “7 and 7 Is” (Love)
- From the 1966 album “Da Capo.”
- Prominent Ramones cover as well.
- “Rockin’ Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu” (Huey “Piano” Smith)
- From the 1959 Huey Smith & The Rhythm Aces album “Having a Good Time.”
- “Oh Well” (Fleetwood Mac)
- Single from 1969.
- Fleetwood Mac single, included on later releases of “Then Play On.”
- “Jenny Take A Ride!” (Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels)
- From the 1967 self-titled album by Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels.
- “Watching the River Flow” (Bob Dylan)
- Bob Dylan single included on “Greatest Hits: Vol. II.”
- “Let the Good Times Roll” (Ray Charles & Quincy Jones)
- From the 1959 album “The Genius of Ray Charles.”
- “Dixie Chicken” (Little Feat)
- From the 1973 album “Dixie Chicken” by Little Feat.
- “Shapes of Things” (Yardbirds)
- Single by The Yardbirds from 1966.
Thanks to Our Core Level Patrons:
- The $7.77 KeepItWarmRat Tier
- Michael Vader
- The Episode $6.66 Tier
- Steve Coldwell
- Arthur Smith
- Anton Glaving
- Richard Fusey
- The $6.65 “Almost Evil” Tier
- Kenny Wymore
- $5.99 The “Nice Price” Tier
- Fielding Fowler
- Robert Smith — NEW PATRON ALERT!!!
- $5 “Money Lender” Tier
- John Convery
- German Heindl
- Adrian Hernandez
- Jesper Almén
- Oleksiy The Perfect Stranger Slyepukhov
- James North
- Mark Hodgetts
- Kev Roberts – Paypal
- Will Porter
- Zwopper The Electric Alchemist
- Tim “Southern Cross” Johnson
- “The Battle of New Orleans” (Lonnie Donegan/Johnny Horton)
- From the 1962 album by Lonnie Donegan, “A Golden Age of Donegan.”
- “Lucifer” (Bob Seger System)
- From the 1970 album “Mongrel” by Bob Seger System.
- “White Room” (Cream)
- From the 1968 Cream album “Wheels of Fire.”
- “Going Down” (Moloch)
- From 1969 album “Moloch” by the band Moloch.
- Also covered by Freddie King in 1971 and likely popularized by Jeff Beck in 1972
- Mark 4 used to cover this live.
- “Green Onions” (Booker T. & The MG’s)
- From the 1962 album “Green Onions” by Booker T. & The MG’s.
- “Hot ‘Lanta” (The Allman Brothers)
- From the 1971 live album “Live at Fillmore East” by The Allman Brothers.
- “Dazed and Confused” (Led Zeppelin)
- From Led Zeppelin’s self-titled debut album in 1969.
- “Gimme Some Lovin’ (Spencer Davis Group)
- A single from 1966 by Spencer Davis Group.
Thanks To Our Foundation Level Patrons:
- $3 “Nobody’s Perfect” Tier
- Peter Gardow
- Ian Desrosiers
- Mark Roback
- Duncan Leask
- Stuart McCord
- Flight of the Rat Bat Blue Light
- $1 Made Up Name Tier
- The “Drip Drop Fright Shop” Leaky Mausoleum
- Stephen Sommerville The Concerto 1999 Fanatic
- Raphael Choury (Raff Kaff)
- Spike, The Rock Cat
- JJ Stannard
- Hank the Tank
- Private Eyes
- Ashen Lionel
For Further Information:
- Comments about the show? Things you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at email@example.com or @ us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.