Disclaimer: The video used on YouTube is a byproduct of producing our audio podcast. We post it merely as a convenience to those who prefer the YouTube format. Please subscribe using one of the links below if you’d prefer a superior audio experience.
Thanks to Our Patrons:
- $10 Super Champion Tier
- $5 Tier
- Clay Wombacher
- Greg Sealby
- Frank Theilgaard-Mortensen
- $3 Tier
- Peter Gardow
- Ian Desrosiers
- Mark Roback
- NEW PATRON ALERT !!!! – Anton Glaving
- $1 The Made Up Name Tier
- Ells Murders
- Spacey Noodles
- Leaky Mausoleum
Thanks to our Brothers at the Deep Dive Podcast Network:
- Ry @ Sabbath Bloody Podcast
- The Simple Man @ Skynyrd Reconsydyrd
- Terry “T-Bone” Mathley @ T-Bone’s Prime Cuts
Thanks to the Patron Saint and Archivist of The Deep Purple Podcast:
- Jörg Planer – an essential Twitter follow
- Comments from social media.
Word from Our Sponsor:
- Joe Lynn Turner & Sudafed
- Michael Eriksson says: “By the way, Turner told me once that the commercials he has done was extremely well payed and that very few performers was on the short list. In other words, he made a fortune on them. But it has to be noted he got them because he could deliver. Good fun to hear that stuff now.”
- Acoustic Guitar, Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar – Rhino*
- Arranged By – Captain Beyond
- Bass, Written-By [All Songs By] – Lee Dorman
- Congas, Timbales, Percussion – Guille Garcia
- Played with REO Speedwagon, Stephen Stills, Joe Walsh, Chicago, and more
- Drums, Backing Vocals [Back-up Vocals] – Marty Rodriguez
- Did work with George McCrae
- Electric Piano, Piano [Acoustic] – Reese Wynans
- Played with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Bonamassa, Dickey Betts, Carole King, and many more
- Engineer – John “The Nail” Stronach*
- Work with Allen Toussaint, Joe Walsh, Dan Fogelberg, Ketih Moon, REO Speedwagon, and many more
- Engineer – Mike “8 Days” Stone*
- B.B. King, Billy Joel’s Cold Spring Harbor, James Gang’s James Gang Rides again, Buddy Miles, the Bee Gees, Sly & The Family Stone, and many more
- Engineer – Ovie “Light” Sparks*
- The Allman Brothers, The Marshall Tucker Band, and more
- Engineer [Assistant] – Kurt “Down Time” Kinzel*
- Remix of Nuthin’ Fancy by Lynyrd Skynyrd, Don Mcean, Booker T, Three Dog Night, Peter Frampton
- Lead Vocals, Harmony Vocals – Rod Evans
- Management [By Special Arrangement With] – Phil Walden And Associates, Inc.*
- Mastered By – RL*
- Organ on “Starglow Energy” – Paul Hornsby
- Producer by Captain Beyond
Album Art & Booklet Review
- Design [Album Design] – Pacific Eye & Ear
- Did design for Lou Reed’s Berlin and Black Sabbath’s “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath”
- Many other albums between 1972 and 1980 when they were in business
- Illustration – Carl Ramsey
- Worked on illustration for Count Basie, Benny Goodnman, Buddy Miles, The Turtles, Cameo, Dreamgirls, Black Oak ARkansas, Nazareth,
- Illustration – Joe Petagno
- The Kids From The Brady Bunch, Five Man Electrical Band, The Kinks, Dr. Feelgood, Nazareth’s Rampant album (produced by Roger Glover),
- Photography By – Bob Jenkins
- Worked with Iron Butterfly, The Beach Boys,The Doors, Kris Kristofferson, Joe Walsh, and a group called Providence,
- Original release on cream/marble labels
- On both inner and outer gatefold sleeve, tracks A1 and A2 are listed in reverse order.
- “Dedicated to the memory of Berry Oakley” printed on inner gatefold sleeve.
- Bass player for Allman Brothers who died on November 11, 1972
- Produced by Captain Beyond for Capricorn Records, Inc. by special arrangement with Phil Walden and Associates, Inc., Macon, GA.
- Published by Starship Music D/b/a Beyond Music (ASCAP)
- Made in U.S.A.
- Tracks A1 & A4: Recorded at The Record Plant, Sausalito, California
- Remaining tracks: Recorded at Capricorn Studios, Macon, Georgia
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capricorn Records Inc.
- Manufactured By – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Recorded At – Capricorn Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Record Plant, Sausalito
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Produced For – Capricorn Records Inc.
- Published By – Starship Music
- Published By – Beyond Music (4)
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Pitman
- Sufficiently Breathless
- Bright Blue Tango
- Drifting in Space
- Evil Men
- Starglow Energy
- Distant Sun
- Voyages of Past Travellers
- Everything’s a Circle
Reception and Review
In The News . . .
- New Deep Purple album – Whoosh! Out in April (UPDATE: June!)
This Week in Purple History . . .
March 9 through March 15
- March 15, 1976 – Mark 4’s last show
- March 10, 1980 – Blackmore gets on stage and plays with Gillan at the Rainbow
- March 15, 1993 – Coverdale Page is released internationally
For Further Information:
- Comments about the show? Things you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @ us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.