Disclaimer: The video used on YouTube is a byproduct of producing our audio podcast. We post it merely as a convenience to those who prefer the YouTube format. Please subscribe using one of the links below if you’d prefer a superior audio experience.
Thanks to Our Show Supporters – Three Ways To Show Your Support
- Become a Patron on Patreon
- Donate on Paypal (Donate one time or click “make this a monthly donation” box)
- Leave us a 5-Star Review on Apple Podcasts
- The $25 “Super Trouper” Tier
- The $20 “Shades of Deep Pockets” Tier
- Ryan M
- The $15 “Highball Shooter” Tier
- The Turn it up to $11 Tier
- Alan Begg
- $10 “No One Came”
- No One Came
- $5 Money Lender Tier
- Clay Wombacher
- Greg Sealby
- Frank Theilgaard-Mortensen
- Mike Knowles
- John Convery
- $3 Nobody’s Perfect Tier
- Peter Gardow
- Ian Desrosiers
- Mark Roback
- Anton Glaving
- $1 Made Up Name Tier
- Ells Murders
- Spacey Noodles
- The “Unnerving” Leaky Mausoleum
- Michael Vader
Thanks to our Brothers at the Deep Dive Podcast Network:
- Ry @ Sabbath Bloody Podcast
- The Simple Man @ Skynyrd Reconsydyrd
- Terry “T-Bone” Mathley @ T-Bone’s Prime Cuts
Thanks to the Patron Saint and Archivist of The Deep Purple Podcast:
- Jörg Planer – an essential Twitter follow
- Electric Bass [Fender Bass] – Lee Sklar* (tracks: A1, A2b, A3b to B1, B3b)
- Played with Linda Rondstadt, Phil Collins, Hall & Oates, Jackson Browne, Played on a few track by The Doors.
- Electric Piano, Piano, Synthesizer [Moog] – Jan Hammer (tracks: A1, A2b, A3b to B1, B3b)
- Guitar – Tommy Bolin (tracks: A1, A2b, A3b to B1, B3b)
- You know who Tommy Bolin is..
- Percussion – Billy Cobham
- Written-By, Producer – William E. Cobham Jr.*
Album Art & Booklet Review
- Design [Album Design] – Stanislaw Zagorski
- Polish graphic artist who worked on a number of album covers, mostly for jazz bands starting in the 60s.
- Painting [Cover] – Jeff Snider (2)
- Canadian musician and artist, only a few other entires on Discogs.
- Photography By [Backliner Photo] – Armen Kachaturian
- Did work for some other artists throughout the 70s, including Billy Cobham’s “Crosswinds” album.
- Photography By [Inside Liner Photo] – Urve Kuusik
- Did work for Charles Mingus, Miles Davis, Chicago, Earth Wind & Fire
- Engineer [Recording & Re-mix] – Ken Scott
- Engineered for The Beatles, Elton John, Pink Floyd
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Remixed At – Trident Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Published By – Pegasus Music, Inc.
- Record Company – Warner Communications
All selection written by William E Cobham Jr.
The personnel on all selections except Spectrum & Le Lis is Billy Coham,, percussion; Tommy Bolinm guitar; Jan Hammer, Electric piano, acoustic piano & Moog synthesizer; Leland Sklar, fender bass. There is no acoustic piano on Red Baron.
Moog synthesizer drum, Moog sample and hold devices were used on drum solos on Straus and Snoopy’s Search.
The personnel on Spectrum & Les Lis is Billy Cobham, percussion; Joe Farrell, flute & soprano sax on Spetrucm and alto on Le Lis; Jimmy POwens, fugelhorn on Spetctrum and flugelhorn & trumpet on Le Lis; John Tropea, guitar on Le Lis; Jan Hamer, electric piano & Moog synthesizer; Ron Carter, acoustic bass; Ray Barrelo, congas.
What is life but a spectrum and what is music but life itself. Billy Cobham, Jr.
- Quadrant 4
- a) Searching For The Right Door b) Spectrum
- a) Anxiety b) Taurian Matador
- a) To the Women in My Life b) Le Lis
- a) Snoopy’s Search b) Red Baron
- Comments about the show? Things you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at email@example.com or @ us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.