Thanks to Our Patrons:
- $5 Tier
- $3 Tier
- Peter Gardow
- Ian Desrosiers
- $1 Tier
- Ells Murders
- Spacey Noodles
Thanks to our Brothers at the Deep Dive Podcast Network:
- Ry @ Sabbath Bloody Podcast
- The Simple Man @ Skynyrd Reconsydyrd
- Terry “T-Bone” Mathley @ T-Bone’s Prime Cuts
Thanks to the Patron Saint and Archivist of The Deep Purple Podcast:
- Jörg Planer – an essential Twitter follow
- Comments from social media.
Notes From The Field:
The Christmas Program:
- Throw another log on the fire.
- Glenn Hughes’s 2008 Christmas Message
- Time for some Christmas cheer – Glühwein
- Blackmore’s Night – We Three Kings (Live at Minstrel Hall)
- Blackmore’s Night “Winter Carols” Ads
- David Coverdale – Chestnuts
- Deep Purple Holiday Ads from BRAVO (courtesy of Jorg Planer)
- Jon Lord & Frida’s Christmas Experiment
- Featuring Frida from ABBA
- Pretty Maids (with Ian Gillan) – A Merry Jingle
- 1990 guest spot with Swedish band Pretty Maids off their EP “In Santa’s Claws.”
- Over the years Graham Bonnet, Ian Paice, and Roger Glover have guested on their recordings.
- Are those sleigh bells?
- Melody Maker Ad for Purple Records from December 18, 1971 – two months after Purple Records launched:
- Page 1 features the first four albums being released by Purple records (Drop in the Ocean, Curtiss Maldoon, Gemini Suite, and Pick Up a Bone. Also Merry Christmas from Yvonne Elliman, Al Shaw, Rupert Hine, Jon Lord, Clive Maldoon, Johnny Gustafson, Roger Glover, John Cann, Buddy Bohn, Tony Ashton, Paul Hammon, David MacIver, Dave Curtiss, Ian Paice, and Purple Records.
- Second page features the band with a mountain range in the background (possibly taken in Geneva while the band was recording “Machine Head.”)
- Energy – Miss Christmas
- Time for some more Christmas cheer – winter warmer beer
- David Coverdale – Zat You Santa Claus?
- We Wish You a Metal Xmas – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Featuring Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Rudy Sarzo, Simon Wright
- Whitesnake Christmas Greetings over the years
- Reindeer in the Dark (parody of “Rainbow in the Dark”)
- Chris Rush – vocals,
- Sergio Ortega – guitars,
- Brian Hunsaker & Brian Laws – lyrics,
- Mixed and mastered by Brian “Singe” Hunsaker,
- Video by Brian Laws,
- Completed December 16th, 2011
- As heard on KISW 99.9 Seattle
- David Coverdale – Whitesnake Christmas
- Sail Away For Christmas
- Glenn Hughes – Soulful Christmas
- Time for some even more Christmas cheer – Egg Nog with Brandy and nutmeg
- David Coverdale – The Night Before Christmas
This Week in Purple History . . .
December 23 through December 29
- December 23, 1948 – The song “Deep Purple” is recorded Larry Clinton featuring vocalist Bea Wain. Previously it had only been an instrumental but Mitchell Parish added lyrics to the popular song in 1938. The instrumentation was written in 1933.
- December 23, 1947 – Graham Bonnet is born!
- December 27, 1948 – Martin “The Wasp” Birch is born!
David Coverdale Reads ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Comments about the show? Things you’d like us to cover? We’d love to hear from you. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @ us on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.